Maison du Cerveau
The Bordeaux Neurocampus has gained recognition at the international level by its structure centred by a multidisciplinary and integrative research, and by the quality of the studies carried out.
The IMN and the IMNc brought a new dimension of integration; by combining high level science with a sense of their mission and finality by welcoming into their premises "Maison du Cerveau”.
“Maison du Cerveau” is an independent association bringing together in its structure all those affected by or involved in diseases of the nervous system, from the fundamental researcher to the patient, and in particular their representatives within different associations of neurological patients:
Three main aims are the "raison d'être" of the association:
- To promote the research of nervous system diseases in Bordeaux;
- To inform and educate the general public on the different pathologies, better knowledge inducing better acceptation and better integration of patients into the society;
- To be the link and a booster for translational actions, i.e. the transfer of knowledge from the lab to the patient bedside.
Main actions carried out since its creation in 2012 are:
- Establishing a network of representative members, in particular including representatives of neurological patients associations;
- Getting the administrative status to receive donations and legacies to support concretely and effectively research;
- Establishing a travelling exhibition module on brain diseases to bring awareness to the public of their symptoms and disability by game tests and simulations. Numerous exhibitions of large audience have been carried-out;
- Organizing conferences on the theme "Brain and ageing".